DARTS star Gerwyn Price has withdrawn from the Flanders Darts Trophy due to health issues.
The Welsh thrower’s withdrawal was confirmed by the PDC, who cited an ‘infected hand’ as the reasoning behind the decision.
AlamyGerwyn Price has withdrawn from the Flanders Darts Trophy[/caption]
He is suffering from a hand infection that has ruled him out of competition
A statement from the organising body said: “Gerwyn Price has withdrawn from the Blåkläder Flanders Darts Trophy this weekend due to an infected hand.
“As Price withdrew after the tournament had begun, the winner of tonight’s contest between Ryan Joyce and Ricardo Pietreczko will receive a Bye straight into Round Three.”
Gerwyn Price has withdrawn from the Blåkläder Flanders Darts Trophy this weekend due to an infected hand.
As Price withdrew after the tournament had begun, the winner of tonight’s contest between Ryan Joyce and Ricardo Pietreczko will receive a Bye straight into Round Three. pic.twitter.com/k9px6yZMiU
— PDC Darts (@OfficialPDC) August 29, 2025
Price concerned fans when he was forced to withdraw from the Players’ Championship earlier this week.
He revealed afterwards that he had rushed to the hospital with what appeared to be a severely inflamed hand.
He issued the update on Tuesday, alongside a series of pictures of the afflicted appendage.
Price appeared to remain in good spirits as he sat in the hospital receiving medication for the problem.
Price was due to take to the stage on Saturday to begin his tournament.
He is not the only star to pull out of the tournament, with world No. 1 Luke Humphries, Gary Anderson and Nathan Aspinall all foregoing the event.
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO BONUSES FROM £10 DEPOSITS
The competition, held in Antwerp, Belgium, has a winning prize of £30,000 this year.
It is one of the newer additions to the darts calendar, with Dave Chisnall winning its inaugural edition last year.
INSTAGRAMPrice half joked about his care on social media[/caption]
English sensation Luke Littler is still set to compete on Saturday.
The teenager was rushed for emergency dental surgery before flying out for the tournament.
He said he was left “shocked and shaken” after having to have a tooth removed, but is still intent on playing.
Creator – [#item_custom_dc:creator]