JOE Rogan claimed he will skip a huge UFC event in Canada this summer.
Rogan, 57, insists he will not be part of UFC 315 in Montreal, Quebec on May 10.
GettyJoe Rogan says he will skip UFC 315 in Canada[/caption]
GettyPresident Donald Trump is a UFC fan and friends with boss Dana White[/caption]
He said on his podcast that he would “rather go to Russia.”
Rogan is one of the leading voices in UFC commentary.
But he rarely goes to international events these days due to the amount of travel time.
He missed UFC 297 in Toronto, Ontario last January.
Rogan was born in Newark, New Jersey, a relatively short distance from the Canadian border.
“I won’t be there,” Rogan said on his podcast about UFC 315.
“I don’t go to Canada anymore, I don’t. I’d rather go to Russia.”
The 57-year-old has previously shown his support for US President Donald Trump.
Since returning to the Oval Office, Trump has claimed he wants to make Canada the 51st US state.
He has also imposed tariffs on the nation.
Rogan said, “I had a conversation with Trump about it.
“He goes ‘I started calling him Governor Trudeau just for fun, but a lot of people are saying good idea’.
“Maybe it is a good idea!”
Speaking on a March 14 episode of his show, Rogan said, “I just want America and Canada to get along.
“This is so ridiculous. We have to become friends with Canada again.”
UFC 315 will be headlined by two title fights at the Bell Centre.
Belal Muhammad will defend his welterweight crown against Jack Della Maddalena
And Valentina Shevchenko is set to face Manon Fiorot for the women’s flyweight title in the co-main event.
UFC president Dana White is a friend of President Trump.
He spoke at a rally to celebrate Trump’s victory over Kamala Harris in the presidential election last November.
Creator – [#item_custom_dc:creator]