Kobbie Mainoo ‘tells Man Utd he wants Napoli transfer amid £50m interest’ – as Red Devils battle to keep wantaway star

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Pocket
WhatsApp

KOBBIE MAINOO has reportedly told Manchester United he wants to make the move to Napoli.

The midfielder has been tipped with an exit from Old Trafford this summer after dropping down the pecking order.

GettyKobbie Mainoo is keen on a switch to Napoli[/caption]

GettyScott McTominay has excelled since swapping United for Napoli[/caption]

Mainoo, 20, is yet to feature in the Premier League as he was an unused substitute in both games against Arsenal and Fulham.

He did play in the shock Carabao Cup exit to Grimsby Town on Wednesday evening.

The Mirror have now claimed that the £50million-rated academy product wants to go to Napoli.

It is added that United are currently blocking the deal after seeing the impact of Scott McTominay in Naples.

The Red Devils would be keen to avoid a repeat of last year’s transfer mistake over the Scotland international.

However, Mainoo is said to be “adamant” about making the move to Italy.

McTominay became an instant hero in Naples after his £25m transfer last summer.

He excelled under manager Antonio Conte as he helped the club win the Serie A.

SUN VEGAS WELCOME OFFER: GET £50 BONUS WHEN YOU JOIN

He became the first Scottish player to be shortlisted for the Ballon d’Or since Ally McCoist in 1987.

The midfielder was also named as the MVP in Italy following his debut season.

Mainoo is not short of options with as many as TEN clubs interested in luring him away from Manchester.

He is keen to boost his gametime in ahead of the World Cup in the US next summer.

Mainoo has already earned ten caps for the Three Lions and will be hoping to partner Declan Rice in the heart of the midfield.

The Red Devils do not have long to sort Mainoo’s future as the transfer window slams shut on Monday at 7pm.

Man Utd’s transfer deals

IN

Bryan Mbeumo – from Brentford – £71m
Matheus Cunha – from Wolves – £62.5m
Diego Leon – from Cerro Porteno – £7m
Benjamin Sesko – from RB Leipzig – £74m

TOTAL£214.5m

OUT

Victor Lindelof – released
Christian Eriksen – released

TOTAL£0m

MAN UTD TRANSFER NEWS LIVE

Mainoo is reported to have told United that he is open to leaving on a loan deal.

It is believed he spoke to the club’s bigwigs on Thursday to make his request.

The Red Devils are understood to value his place in the squad and expect him to stay and fight for a starting role.

They have been dealt a blow in their hopes of signing Brighton’s Carlos Baleba.

The midfielder is set to stay at the Amex for another season despite United’s interest.

TRANSFER NEWS LIVE – KEEP UP WITH ALL THE LATEST FROM A BUSY SUMMER WINDOW

Creator – [#item_custom_dc:creator]

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Pocket
WhatsApp

Never miss any important news. Subscribe to our newsletter.

Related News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

TOP STORIES