Liverpool set to make £130MILLION British record transfer bid for Isak as Toon replacement Woltemade lands in Newcastle

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Pocket
WhatsApp

LIVERPOOL are expected to make a record bid for Newcastle striker Alexander Isak in the coming days, according to reports.

SunSport revealed last week that Liverpool chiefs had sanctioned a £130million bid for the 25-year-old.

GettyLiverpool are set to launch a record bid for Alexander Isak[/caption]

And they are now expected to finally launch it – just hours before the transfer deadline.

The Telegraph claims that discussions over the potential sale of Isak have progressed in the last 24 hours.

Liverpool are now expected to launch a Premier League record offer this weekend.

The Reds are hopeful that it will be accepted, although the bid is £20m short of Newcastle‘s £150m valuation.

Stuttgart forward Nick Woltemade is currently in line to replace Isak at St James’ Park.

Newcastle reached a £69m deal with the Bundesliga side earlier this week for the 23-year-old.

Personal terms have already been agreed.

Woltemade – who is 6ft 6in tall – arrived in the north of England on Thursday night to undergo a medical and finalise the move.

CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO BONUSES FROM £10 DEPOSITS

Newcastle boss Eddie Howe discussed the move for Woltemade during a press conference on Friday.

He said: “Not too much [to say] but positive signs, I think things are moving and developing in good way at the moment. Can’t confirm anything but fingers crossed.”

Asked if the striker could make his debut against Leeds United on Saturday, he responded: “I don’t think that’s possible, due to lots of reasons I don’t understand.

“The most important thing is that we try and bring a centre-forward in, that’s what we’ve been working towards all summer so hopefully we’re getting closer.”

Discussing the ongoing Isak saga, he said: “It’s difficult for me to give you any sort of clarity on the future. I’ve said before, I don’t know what the future holds in that respect because I’m not involved with it myself.

“I’ve got no update and I’m just focusing on bringing players into the club.”

TRANSFER NEWS LIVE – KEEP UP WITH ALL THE LATEST FROM A BUSY SUMMER WINDOW

Creator – [#item_custom_dc:creator]

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Pocket
WhatsApp

Never miss any important news. Subscribe to our newsletter.

Related News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

TOP STORIES