Paul Pogba breaks down in tears as ex-Man Utd star seals return to football after doping ban with Ligue 1 side Monaco

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Pocket
WhatsApp

PAUL POGBA broke down in floods of tears as he signed for Monaco after his 18-month drug ban.

The former Juventus and Manchester United midfielder, 32, collapsed his head into his hands as he penned a two-year deal.

Paul Pogba is overcome with the realisation of his return

MANACOHe will finally play domestic football in France[/caption]

pic.twitter.com/rYySxcFEKW

— AS Monaco EN (@AS_Monaco_EN) June 28, 2025

The French World Cup winner hasn’t played since failing a doping test in August 2023 and being suspended a month later.

He’s been free to find a club since March this year – and let out all his emotion after sealing his first-ever deal with a home-country club.

In a statement on their website, the Ligue 1 club announced: “AS Monaco are delighted to announce the arrival of Paul Pogba. The French World Champion has signed a 2-season deal, and is now tied to the Principality until 30 June 2027.”

Pogba was suspended following a random test after Juve played Udinese on the opening day of the 2023-24 season.

He was initially banned for four years – but that was slashed by 30 months on appeal last October.

The four-time Serie A winner pledged to ultimately resume playing – and insisted last week he “still feels like a kid”.

Pogba’s contract with Juve was terminated by mutual consent last November.

Two months after that, he appeared to hint at a THIRD spell with the Red Devils.

Pogba reflected on his long-awaited comeback

MANACOThe midfielder reckons he’s mentally and physically ready[/caption]

BEST ONLINE CASINOS – TOP SITES IN THE UK

Pogba teased United fans with an Instagram post.

He shared a cartoon drawing of himself next to Old Trafford ace Amad Diallo – with BOTH players in Red Devils’ kit.

Pogba sent speculation spiralling by adding the words: “Let’s see what’s coming…”

And it’s understood he also hoped to attract interest from the Bundesliga as well as Juve’s major rivals in Serie A.

Instead, however, Ligue 1 runners-up Monaco have swooped.

The Old Trafford academy product left United for his first stint with Juve in 2012.

Four glittering years later, Pogba returned to the Red Devils for a then-British record fee of £89million.

But his Premier League form was more erratic than electric.

Pogba did help Jose Mourinho’s Red Devils win both the Europa League and League Cup in 2016-17.

But he reunited with Juve via a four-year deal and free transfer in July 2022, only to fail a drug test 13 months later

He was found to have taken banned substance  dehydroepiandrosterone, which boosts testosterone and can improve endurance.

GettyPogba failed a test in August 2023 and hasn’t played since the following month[/caption]

But Pogba’s suspension was cut last autumn when the Court of Arbitration for Sport accepted his case it “was not intentional”.

Now the 91-cap star is revving up for a top-level return.

Just days ago, as he neared his Monaco move, Pogba said: “I’m mentally and physically ready, and I’m eager to start again.

“I’m 32, but I still feel like a kid.”

Pogba also criticised Juve for rejecting his pleas for help.

He told French TV channel TF1: “I asked to get a fitness coach. I had the right, and I was always part of the team. 

“They were not very kind to me, they did not support me, and I was shocked. I did not understand why.”

“I thought I was at war with anti-doping authorities.”

PAThe United academy product returned for a second spell from 2016-2022[/caption] Creator – [#item_custom_dc:creator]

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Pocket
WhatsApp

Never miss any important news. Subscribe to our newsletter.

Related News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

TOP STORIES