Terror cops arrest woman and 2 men after Palestine Action yobs broke into Brize Norton & vandalised RAF plane

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Pocket
WhatsApp

THREE people have been arrested on terror charges after two planes inside an high security RAF base were damaged.

Terror cops confirmed a 29-year-old woman and two men aged 36 and 24 have been arrested following a break in at RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire.

xThree people have been arrested on terror charges[/caption]

xAnother woman was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender[/caption]

Footage posted online last week showed two yobs vandalising two RAF aircrafts

Palestine Action claimed it had put the planes ‘out of service’

Another woman, 41, was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.

Video posted online last week showed two yobs from Palestine Action vandalising Voyager aircrafts at the base.

In the clip, one protester can be seen moving towards an Airbus Voyager air-to-air refuelling tanker while on an electric scooter.

The activist then appears to spray red paint into the rear of one of the aircraft’s two engines.

Moving the spout of the repurposed fire extinguisher around the rim of the jet engine, red paint can be seen sprayed deep into the aircraft.

Then, a loud thumping sound loud thumping sound can be heard as the camera pans to the activist’s scooter – also showing red paint on the tarmac next to the aircraft at the Oxfordshire base.

It is unclear if this sound is what the group claims was “crowbar” damage to the aircraft or just another form of damage to the engines.

The pair of activists can then be seen roaming free across the grounds of the airbase on electric scooters as they “evaded security”.

The MoD has slammed the “vandalism of Royal Air Force assets” in a scathing statement.

Brize Norton is the largest RAF airbase and home to more than 6,000 military and civilian personnel as well as the UK’s largest military aircraft.

A spokeswoman for the ministry said: “Our armed forces represent the very best of Britain.

“They put their lives on the line for us, and their display of duty, dedication and selfless personal sacrifice are an inspiration to us all.

“It is our responsibility to support those who defend us.”

Prime Minister Keir Starmer condemned the attack as “disgraceful”.

In a post on social media condemning the UK’s military action in the Middle East, Palestine Action referenced RAF flights over Gaza departing from the force’s base – RAF Akrotiri – in Cyprus.

It also claimed its activists had put the supply planes “out of service” while managing to “evade security and arrest”.

The Ministry of Defence has said it was working closely with the police, who are investigating.

It comes as Palestine Action is reportedly plotting further attacks on three more air bases and a drone factory.

The organisation is believed to be planning hits on targets up and down the country.

A meeting with Palestine Action members was recorded during which members talked about damage at the RAF Brize Norton, as reported by The Times and Telegraph.

The group, who said it will “continue to operate” despite “intimidating tactics” had also been recruiting members before being officially proscribed a terrorist organisation.

Pro-Palestine protesters were seen clashing with cops as chaos erupted in London on Monday.

AlamyProtesters clashed with cops earlier this week[/caption]

AFPMobs descended on Trafalgar Square[/caption]

Officers lined the street ahead of the protestAlamy

A huge mob descended on Trafalgar Square in central London, leading Home Secretary Yvette Cooper to announce she had decided to proscribe Palestine Action.

She explained that she will lay an order before Parliament next week which, if passed, will make membership and support for the protest group illegal.

The ban will see the organisation on par with Hamasal-Qaeda and Islamic State.

Speaking on Sunday, Met Police Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley said he was “shocked” and “frustrated” at the planned demonstration today.

He wrote on social media: “I’m sure many people will be as shocked and frustrated as I am to see a protest taking place tomorrow in support of Palestine Action.

“This is an organised extremist criminal group, whose proscription as terrorists is being actively considered.

“Members are alleged to have caused millions of pounds of criminal damage, assaulted a police officer with a sledgehammer and last week claimed responsibility for breaking into an airbase and damaging aircraft.

“Multiple members of the group are awaiting trial accused of serious offences.

“The right to protest is essential and we will always defend it but actions in support of such a group go beyond what most would see as legitimate protest.”

Home Secretary Yvette Cooper announce she had decided to proscribe the group

Met Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley slammed Palestine Action for its planned protests Published: [#item_custom_pubDate]

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Pocket
WhatsApp

Never miss any important news. Subscribe to our newsletter.

Related News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

TOP STORIES